Colitis Home > Uceris Dosage
The prescribed dosage of Uceris is the same for everyone -- one tablet taken once daily in the morning. You can take this ulcerative colitis medication for up to eight weeks. It is important not to drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while you are taking this medicine. If the drug seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
There is only one standard recommended dose of Uceris™ (budesonide ER), regardless of your age or weight. As always, do not adjust the dosing unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The recommended Uceris dose for treating active ulcerative colitis is 9 mg taken once daily in the morning for up to eight weeks.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Uceris include the following:
- Uceris comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day in the morning.
- It does not seem to matter if you take your dosage with food or on an empty stomach. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Swallow Uceris tablets whole; do not chew, crush, or open the tablets.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while you are taking Uceris.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.