Colitis Home > Rowasa
- Rowasa comes in a liquid form that is used as an enema. Each enema comes in its own bottle.
- The medication is used once a day, preferably at bedtime. It is best if you can retain the liquid in your bowel for about eight hours (overnight).
- Each bottle should be shaken well just before use.
- Rowasa will work best if your bowel is empty before each use.
- Be sure your healthcare provider explains exactly how to use the enema. Rowasa will stain fabrics, flooring, painted surfaces, marble, granite, vinyl, and enamel.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Rowasa will not work if you stop using it.
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.