Colitis Home > Lialda Dosage
The recommended Lialda dosage for the treatment of mild to moderately active ulcerative colitis is two to four tablets, taken once a day. The medication should be taken with a meal, at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood. For the medicine to work properly, you must follow your Lialda dosing guidelines as prescribed.
The dose of Lialda® (mesalamine) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Lialda dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Lialda Dosage for Ulcerative ColitisThe recommended dose of Lialda for mild to moderately active ulcerative colitis is two to four Lialda tablets (a total of 2.4 to 4.8 grams), taken once daily. Once the disease is under control, your healthcare provider may reduce the dosage to two Lialda tablets (2.4 grams) once a day.
Considerations for people taking Lialda include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- Lialda should be taken with a meal.
- The tablets are delayed-release and have a special coating. In order to protect the special coating, you should not cut, chew, or crush Lialda tablets.
- Lialda should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Lialda will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Lialda or your Lialda dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider.