Colitis Home > Entocort
When and How to Take EntocortSome general considerations for when and how to take this medication include the following:
- Entocort EC comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day in the morning.
- It does not seem to matter whether you take the medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew, crush, or open the capsules.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while you are taking Entocort EC (see Entocort Drug Interactions).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing Information for EntocortThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your Crohn's disease
- Other medical conditions you have
- Other medications you are taking.