Colitis Home > Canasa
- Canasa comes in a suppository form that is inserted rectally. Do not take the drug by mouth.
- Usually, one suppository is inserted at bedtime.
- Make sure to remove the plastic wrapper before inserting the suppository. Try to avoid handling the suppository too much, as it is designed to melt at body temperature.
- For ease of insertion, a little lubricating gel may be applied to the tip of the suppository before insertion.
- Try to retain the suppository (do not have a bowel movement) for at least one to three hours after inserting it.
- Be aware that Canasa suppositories will stain fabrics, flooring, painted surfaces, marble, granite, vinyl, and enamel.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. It will not work if you stop using it.
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.