Colitis Home > Asacol Side Effects
Back pain, a sore throat, and abdominal pain (or stomach pain) are some of the most common side effects reported with Asacol. A few less common side effects include drowsiness, shakiness, and hair loss. In most cases, side effects of the medication are minor and either don't require treatment or can easily be treated. However, you should contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience serious side effects like gout, depression, or decreased urination.
- Abdominal pain (or stomach pain) -- in up to 18 percent of people
- Belching -- up to 16 percent
- Pain -- up to 14 percent
- A sore throat -- up to 11 percent
- Back pain -- up to 7 percent
- Joint pain -- up to 5 percent
- Muscle tension -- up to 5 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 5 percent
- Constipation -- up to 5 percent.