Colitis Home > Asacol HD Dosage
The standard recommended dosage of Asacol HD for treating ulcerative colitis is two 800 mg tablets three times a day. The drug is approved for short-term use, meaning it should only be used to treat active ulcerative colitis flares for six weeks. Make sure to take your doses at the same times each day to maintain an even level of medication in your blood.
- The medication comes as a tablet that is usually taken by mouth three times a day for six weeks.
- You can take Asacol HD with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Asacol HD tablets have a special coating that makes them delayed-release tablets. In order to protect the special coating, you should not cut, chew, or crush the tablets.
- This medication should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For the drug to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Asacol HD dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.