Colitis Home > Apriso Dosage
The standard recommended dosage of Apriso for the treatment of ulcerative colitis is 1.51 grams once daily in the morning. This dose is equivalent to four 0.375 gram capsules. You can take your dosage either with food or on an empty stomach.
There is only one standard recommended dosage for Apriso™ (mesalamine). As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dosage for Ulcerative ColitisThe recommended Apriso dose for treating ulcerative colitis is 1.51 grams (four Apriso 0.375 gram capsules) once daily in the morning.
Some considerations for people taking Apriso include the following:
- Apriso comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily in the morning.
- You can take Apriso with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Do not take this medication with antacids, as this will interfere with the release mechanism of the capsules (making them less effective).
- The capsules should not be opened, chewed, or crushed. Be sure to swallow them whole.
- For this medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Apriso or your Apriso dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.