Humira Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects with Humira can indicate a serious problem and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Symptoms of an infection, including cough, chills, fever, or weakness
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Difficulty breathing, especially accompanied by water retention or swelling, which may be signs of congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
- Unexplained swelling.
Rare Humira Side Effects
Rare side effects occur less frequently (in less than 5 percent of people taking Humira). Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are caused by the medicine or other factors.
Some of these less common Humira side effects include but are not limited to:
You may experience some or none of the side effects described in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Humira. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.