Cimzia Warnings and Precautions
In order to help ensure safe use of Cimzia, warnings and precautions for the medication should be discussed with your healthcare provider before treatment begins. It is important to know that Cimzia may increase your risk of infections, worsen multiple sclerosis and certain other conditions, and cause heart failure. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should talk to your healthcare provider before using Cimzia.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Cimzia® (certolizumab pegol) if you have:
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Any disease that affects the immune system, such as diabetes, cancer, HIV, or AIDS
- Any conditions that affect the blood, including blood clotting disorders
- Any current infection
- Infections that come and go (such as cold sores)
- Plans to receive vaccinations
- Multiple sclerosis
- Seizures or epilepsy
- A history of hepatitis B infection or tuberculosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.