Azulfidine Side Effects
Some side effects with Azulfidine, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Worsening of ulcerative colitis symptoms
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Easy bruising or unusual paleness
- Decreased urination or painful urination
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Rare Azulfidine Side Effects
Some Azulfidine side effects occur less frequently. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by Azulfidine or something else.
These side effects include but are not limited to:
- Vertigo (a spinning sensation)
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Skin discoloration
- Urine discoloration.
You may experience some or none of the Azulfidine side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug, or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Azulfidine, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.