Considerations for people taking Azulfidine include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth, typically three to six times per day.
- Azulfidine can be taken with or without food. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Azulfidine should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Azulfidine or your Azulfidine dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider.