Some considerations for people taking Asacol include:
- Asacol comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth two or three times daily.
- It does not matter if you take the medication with or without food. If Asacol bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Asacol tablets are delayed-release and have a special coating. In order to protect the special coating, you should not cut, chew, or crush Asacol tablets.
- Asacol should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Asacol will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Asacol dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.