Asacol HD Side Effects
There are a number of possible side effects with Asacol HD that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Signs of kidney problems, such as changes in urination frequency or other urinary changes
- Signs of liver problems, such as yellow eyes or skin (jaundice), dark urine, or upper-right abdominal pain
- Significant worsening of your ulcerative colitis symptoms
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
Less Common Asacol HD Side Effects
There are other, less common side effects of Asacol HD that can occur. For these side effects, it is difficult to tell whether they are caused by the medication itself or something else. Many of these potential side effects have not yet been seen with Asacol HD but have been reported with other similar mesalamine medications.
These possible less common Asacol HD side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Dry mouth
- Appetite changes (increases or decreases)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- A spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Sinus infection
- Hair loss
- Dry skin
- Decreased sex drive (low libido).