Apriso Side Effects
There are a number of side effects with Apriso that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Worsening of ulcerative colitis symptoms
- Signs of liver problems, such as yellow eyes or skin (jaundice), dark urine, or upper right abdominal pain
- An unexplained decrease in urine production
- Frequent infections
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth, throat, or tongue
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Less Common Side Effects Seen With Apriso
There are other Apriso side effects that can occur less frequently (in less than 3 percent of people). For these side effects, it is difficult to tell whether the side effect is actually caused by Apriso or something else.
These possible less common side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Hair loss (see Apriso and Hair Loss)
- High triglycerides
- Joint pain.
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the Apriso side effects explained above. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Apriso or if something "just does not seem right." While the issue may not be due to a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.